Re: Resource ownership problem

Subject: Re: Resource ownership problem
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:12:13 +0200
Hi,

You might get faster answers on the linux-ha mailing list.

I had 2 load directors running SLES9 for a web server cluster.

I have now converted them to DEBIAN Sarge.
LDIR1 works fine. However, when I start up heartbeat on LDIR2, it takes
over the resources successfully but LDIR1 doesn't give up the resources.

What's the heartbeat version? How do the configurations look like?

The ha-log on LDIR1 gives the error....

heartbeat: 2007/03/22_09:28:27 ERROR: Both machines own our resources!

heartbeat: 2007/03/22_09:28:27 ERROR: Both machines own foreign
resources!

Seems like they cannot communicate/dispute properly over the heartbeat link. Could you show us the whole log file entries upon startup?

You need to share a bit more information regarding your setup, otherwise it's (at least for me) too hard to guess. Also note, that this is really a heartbeat question and while we have some heartbeat expertise, the real experts regarding this are lurking on the linux-ha mailing list.

I have the same configuration running on my load directors for a proxy
cluster and they work perfectly!

Reasons for this could be manifold:

a) firewall issues between heartbeat links
b) misnaming of the resources
c) structural resource order mismatch
d) LRM not working correctly
e) ...

Please share more details and definitely more log file error lines,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc