Re: LVS DR increased "system CPU" and Excessive Network Traffic

Subject: Re: LVS DR increased "system CPU" and Excessive Network Traffic
From: Rob <ipvsuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 08:42:37 -0700
Sal Tepedino wrote:
On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 18:10 -0700, Rob wrote:
Is that a configuration that works for other people?
with no separate real servers? I hadn't ever tried that...

I'm running a LVS DR Localnode right now. Works fine.

Sweet I will have to try that.

Despite what Sal said, I would definitely do anything you can to separate sync traffic from LVS Dir traffic because it will simplify your initial troubleshooting

Well, he was suggesting moving the traffic to another interface so it
can take up 20% of the interface and it wouldn't matter, and he wouldn't
have to deal with it, which I was saying, and he already figured, was
probably not a good idea because it just masks the problem and doesn't
really solve anything. It sounds like he's still setting things up, so
there's likely no other real traffic on this interface (except, perhaps,
ssh traffic from him logging in) so it might not be necessary to
separate it for troubleshooting, but it would help to be sure that all
the traffic he was seeing on whatever tools he's using was only from the
directors.

Ah, sorry, I should have been more clear - I agreed with you on the fact that it wouldn't help with CPU utilization but didn't state that clearly.