Re: lvs-dr with freebsd jailhost as realservers: resolved.

Subject: Re: lvs-dr with freebsd jailhost as realservers: resolved.
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:30:58 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Mike Bloom wrote:

No problem. I find them very useful for clusterable services like radius, mysql and ldap.

Encapsulated revision control pretty much. I can clone a system image on my nas that is in production in a mass hosting environment with perl5.8 and upgrade it to 6.2, look at the performance, load and stability

but if you're running on a box with multiple other instances of jailed FreeBSD, presumably all running their own jobs, you're going to have a hard time figuring how how your realserver instance will handle the load?

The jail is also handy for partitioning access for security as well, so it acts as an extra layer of privilege separation.

OK

Its a very light weight architecture compared to the overhead of vmware or xen, but if my lvs-dr setup was being used for a service that was load centric instead of HA, I'd be running a dedicated realserver.

OK

Thanks Joe