Re: [lvs-users] how many ldirectord processes

To: Gustavo Mateus <gustavo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] how many ldirectord processes
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 13:25:03 +0900
On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 11:40:31AM -0300, Gustavo Mateus wrote:
> I'm planning to run 15 to 20 Virtual servers on the director using ldirectord.
> What is recommended in this case?
> One ldirectord configuration file with all virtual servers and only one
> process
> or individual files and a process for each one?

That is the typical case.

The real limitation is how long the checks take, as they are all done
sequentially. A successfull check generally doesn't take very long, but
a test that will fail can often take quite some time to fail. If this is
going to be a problem for you, then perhaps you will benifit from
splitting things up a bit. Though to be honest, how you do this is
really its just a matter of personal taste.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/