Re: [lvs-users] configuring LVS multiple realservers in director with lo

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] configuring LVS multiple realservers in director with localnode in SMP machine
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:55:43 +0900
On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 05:30:18PM -0700, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Alexander Osorio wrote:
>
> > No, the idea is make connections load balancing, for example:
> >

> >                           clients
> >        VIP 192.168.1.105 dev bond0:1 set mark 1
> >          |                                                      |
> >          |                                                      |
> > VIP 192.168.1.205 dev bond0:2                VIP 192.168.1.305 dev bond0:3
> > realserver binded(192.168.1.205:5000)      realserver
> > binded(192.168.1.305:5000)
> >

> > The LVS and the realservers are in the same machine,
>
> you can only have one realserver in LocalNode.
>
> > the idea is to
> > make use of the processors (2 in the example) to have one process
> > listen in each processor...
>
> you can't tag a process to a processor (at least easily in
> Linux)

Actually, you kind of can with the (newish) cpusets feature.
Though I think in this case that would be somewhat silly.

If you want to use LVS for this, wouldn't an easy way be
to bind the processes to 127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.2 respectively
and set them up as the real-servers in LVS.

That said, using fork-on-connect or preforking in the user-space
application, and making sure you have at least as many processes as
processors, is likely to be an easier and better way to go.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/