Re: [lvs-users] Heartbeat + LVS: need to reload config

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Heartbeat + LVS: need to reload config
From: "Tomas Hoger" <tomas.hoger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:26:30 +0200
On 6/23/07, Chad Morland <cmorland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there a way that I can reload the ldirectord process without failing
> over? I have autoreload=no and I don't want to turn it on.

I guess it should be possible to do /etc/init.d/ldirectord restart or
just ldirectord restart.  However, there may be risk of races, if
you've configured heartbeat to monitor resource (if status is checked
during restart, I guess status may return "service not running" and HB
will fail ldirectord to the other node).

You can also do ldirectord reload, but check if your version of
ldirectord can do reload correctly.  I've faced problems with version
of ldirectord, which is part of heartbeat 2.0.8.  "Latest stable"
version on Horms' page includes patch.  From a quick look into
ldirectord it seems that this approach should not have problems with
status checking races.

Just my 2c...

th.