Re: [lvs-users] Multiple domains with SSL inside a 2 machine cluster

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Multiple domains with SSL inside a 2 machine cluster
From: "Mark" <msalists@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 09:55:15 -0700
The way I solved this problem was to create one virtual IP for each domain,
plus one local IP on each physical node.
I guess over time you will collect tons of IPs, depending on how many domains
you have.
I don't have too many (at least not those that require https), so it works for
me.

Example:

domain-a.com has public IP xxx.xxx.xxx.5 and is redirected to 192.168.1.5 on
server1 and 192.168.1.6 on server2
domain-b.com has public IP xxx.xxx.xxx.6 and is redirected to 192.168.1.7 on
server1 and 192.168.1.8 on server2
and so on...

Not particularly elegant, but I am not sure if there is any better way....

I thought that the hostname is part of the encrypted request. If that is true,
then the certificate can not be linked to the
hostname, but must be linked to an IP, because in order to get the hostname
from the request, the request has to be decrypted first.
So the proper certificate has to be selected before we even know the hostname.
If that is wrong, then please correct me...

MARK