Re: [lvs-users] Multiple domains with SSL inside a 2 machine cluster

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Multiple domains with SSL inside a 2 machine cluster
From: "Mark" <msalists@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 09:13:32 -0700
Well, I would imagine that you still need to have all the virtual public IPs,
because browsers expect to contact port 80 for http
and port 443 for https.
If you have one VIP only and you host domain-a.com on 443 and domain-b.com on
444, your users usually won't know and try to go to
https://www.domain-b.com
So they will end up on the wrong domain.

Unless you make sure that they all come in through http and not https and then
have proper redirects from port 80 to 443 / 444 /
etc.
Plus your clients might have firewalls that block ourgoing traffic to
non-standard ports like these.

But for the local IPs on the realservers the port solution is definitely better
than the one-IP-per-domain solution.

MARK