Re: [lvs-users] about weight

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] about weight
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:18:04 +0100
On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 11:44 +0300, Marius STOIAN wrote:
> I have a question: when one of my real web servers is down what value
> will have the weight? Is it automatically set to 0 or will have the same
> value as before?

It depends. What application are you using to manage your LVS?

LVS itself (using ipvsadm) does no healthchecking. If a realserver goes
down, its' weight stays the same.

If, however, you're using ldirectord, keepalived, or some similar
application, the behaviour will be different according to your
configuration.

Graeme