[lvs-users] MySQL HA - timeouts on "complex queries" ?

Subject: [lvs-users] MySQL HA - timeouts on "complex queries" ?
From: Jessie <lists@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:56:53 -0700
Hi everyone,

I've tried two different approaches on LVS-DR to get a HA MySQL
system going.
* LVS-DR using two realserver definitions
* LVS-DR using one realserver and one sorry server (per HOWTO)

We have two MySQL 5 servers in master-master mode (copper & olive)

We have two LVS-DR load balancers, (lb2 and lb3)

Each LVS-DR has a vip hostname: (tea, soda)

lb2:
tea:3306
       copper (realserver)
       olive (sorry server)

lb3:
soda:3306
      olive (realserver)
      copper (sorry server)

'mysql.example.org' has two DNS A records (tea,soda) and round robins
which VIP/LB to hit.

Our Setup:
We are a hosting shop with several PHP/PERL/Python websites (Cacti,
MediaWiki, RT) all of which use MySQL heavily.

connecting to 'copper' is fine
connecting to 'olive' is fine
connecting to 'tea' is NOT fine with the apps above, but manual mysql
queries *seem* OK.
connecting to 'soda' is NOT fine with the apps above, but manual
mysql queries *seem* OK.
connecting to 'mysql' is NOT fine with the apps above, but manual
mysql queries *seem* OK.

I've tried using just one LVS-DR server and it didn't make any
difference.
I cannot produce any problems using LVS via a manual mysql query
through LVS
All production apps when pointed to an LVS host, will occasionally
work, and other times just timeout.

The firewall on all the systems looks clean
The mysql users / permissions look clean

Can anyone see a problem with this setup?

Thanks,
-Jessie Bryan