Re: [lvs-users] Problem with ghost connections

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Problem with ghost connections
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 06:52:31 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, Ruben Laban wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> No ideas on the issue stated below as of yet?

apparently not (just so you don't think you're being
ignored, sometimes we don't have an answer).

> What could cause entries in the IPVS table to remain in
> the established (or any other) state even though there is
> no traffic flowing between the CIP/VIP/RIP?

neither end has closed the tcp connection?

> We're using persistency by the way. Though from what I've
> read, the given persistency timeout is only used once when
> a new connection arrives.

there are lots of problems with persistency, but it was the
first method we got to work for maintaining
client-realserver affinity. Another less intrusive method is
the -SH scheduler. You might find it causes less problems.