Re: [lvs-users] memory usage of ldirectord

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] memory usage of ldirectord
From: Steve Wray <steve.wray@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 13:53:09 +1300
Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Steve Wray wrote:
>
>> I'm currently seeing the ldirectord process using 171M of RAM (as
>> displayed by top).
>
> I don;t know if this is your problem but...
>
> I believe there was a memory leak for which Ratz provided a
> patch in about Apr this year. AFAIK, this patch is in some
> branch of ldirectord (I don't know whether it's been
> released, you could look at the release notes for the
> version you have).

Might this be related:

http://osdir.com/ml/linux.highavailability.ultramonkey/2006-04/msg00011.html

Debian appears to use something other than IO::Socket::INET

This is what I have:

root@eztki-web-lb1:~# dpkg -s libio-socket-ssl-perl
Package: libio-socket-ssl-perl
sockets
  This module is a true drop-in replacement for IO::Socket::INET that
  uses SSL to encrypt data before it is transferred to a remote server
  or client.  IO::Socket::SSL supports all the extra features that one
  needs to write a full-featured SSL client or server application:
  multiple SSL contexts, cipher selection, certificate verification, and
  SSL version selection.  As an extra bonus, it works perfectly with
  mod_perl.