[lvs-users] memory usage of ldirectord

Subject: [lvs-users] memory usage of ldirectord
From: Steve Wray <steve.wray@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 11:35:35 +1300
Hi there,
I'm a little concerned about the amount of memory being used by the
ldirectord process.

I initally figured that 256M of RAM should be plenty for even a
moderately busy site; the director is handling a single IP address
passing web traffic to either of two webservers. Its doing failover and
load-balancing.

I'm currently seeing the ldirectord process using 171M of RAM (as
displayed by top).

What I am wondering is; is that a lot of RAM for ldirector to be
absorbing and have I configured something wrong? Or can ldirector be
expected to consume relatively large amounts of RAM and I need to
allocate it more memory?

Also, if ldirectord is caching info on connections, can this cache be
periodically cleared?

Thanks!