Re: [lvs-users] Transparent proxy with Locanode

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Transparent proxy with Locanode
From: "David Hinkle" <hinkle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:22:27 -0600
Oh, ok, I'm sorry I misunderstood you.  I thought you had a workaround for me.

I wonder, do you think the localnode code could be modified in such a manner as
to handle the work REDIRECT does by itself?  If it could do that, then I could
get my "fully peered transparent cluster" thing working.

If you think it could be coded, maybe it's time for me to take a deep breath
and see if I can hack that kind of code together.

Perhaps it could work like this:  If load balancing on a fwmark, and a port
number is specified when the localnode is defined, and the packets target port
does not equal the localnode defined port, then handle the transparent proxy
the same way that redirect does.

What do you think?

David