Re: [lvs-users] lvs-nat directly connect real server

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] lvs-nat directly connect real server
From: Jason Ledford <jledford@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:17:10 -0500
Let me try again, sorry.

One network, one nic, lvs-nat setup.  And the director and real servers are in
the same subnet (all ips start with the same 3 octets), for example
vip=10.37.2.9, dip=10.37.2.6, rip1=10.37.2.51, rip2=10.37.2.52.  Lvs works just
fine outside of that subnet (when the first 3 octets of the ip differ from the
dip, rip, vip), for example, CIP=10.12.1.100.

I am trying to load balance the smtp service running on RIP's 10.37.2.51 and
10.37.2.52.  These servers have other things I need to get to without being
load balanced, like the web based configuration for each real server and ssh.
But I can only connect to those services when in the same subnet as the RIP,
10.37.2.XX, I can't connect when in a different subnet from the RIP, like when
I am connecting to the RIP from CIP and connecting to port 22, tcpdump shows me
I have reached the server but the connection never makes it back to my client.
It seems like (and I am no network guru) that when on the CIP I connect to my
local gateway and get passed to the 10.37.2.XX subnet and then to my RIP, my
RIP then tries to talk back to me thru my DIP and half of my connection is
going thru the DIP and the other half is going directly thru the switch and the
connection stalls (I could be completely wrong though).

I appreciate any help you can offer and hopefully I have explained a little
better.  This is what I have been reading
http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html