Re: [lvs-users] recommendations on stonith?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] recommendations on stonith?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 04:33:22 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Graeme Fowler wrote:

> ...only on one occasion, the gig interconnect went bananas and
> segregated the two Cats.

so if you're going to be running stonith, then the network
has to be more reliable than the hardware that stonith is
protecting, ie you need multiple paths for the VRRP
announcements.

I haven't read any stonith docs for years, but presumably
the director that has stopped hearing announcements from the
other node has to kill it, presumably by power cycling it.
You'd need a remote power switch - I guess UPS's have these.