Re: [lvs-users] LVS Uses

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS Uses
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 07:04:01 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Bryan Richardson wrote:

> Good Morning Sameer,
>
> I must not have worded my question very well.  Here's my situation:
>
> I have a lab full of a bunch of older, slower computers that aren't being
> used much anymore.

I assume you don't have the option of getting rid of them.
Power (and cooling), admin salary etc are the dominant cost
of older machines and you're not getting a lot of compute
out of them.

> Each one of them is too slow to run more than a single
> VMWare virtual machine on.  I'm trying to find some Linux clustering
> software that I can install on the computers such that they all look like
> one computer

you're discussing function here - you want your machines to
look like one machine to the outside world

> to software that's installed

installed where - clients, your machines?

> such that I can install VMWare Server software and run a
> multitude of virtual machines on the cluster.

you're discussing implementation here - I don't understand
these two lines and I don't know the connection to the
function described above.

Do you want the single machine (the sum of all machines?) to
then run multiple VMWares?