Re: [lvs-users] Load balancing outgoing traffic

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Load balancing outgoing traffic
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 07:01:37 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Greg wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I have to setup a linux server to load balance outgoing sources IPs :
>
> server ----\                                    / 1.1.2.2 \
> 10.0.0.10   \                                  /  1.1.2.3  \
>             >-- [ 10.0.0.1 --> LVS --> SNAT ] <   1.1.2.4   > Internet
>             /                                  \  1.1.2.5  /
> server ----/                                    \ 1.1.2.6 /
> 10.0.0.11
>

> I have googled some keywords like multipaths routing, and found that
> openbsd is doing this natively with pf... iptables is able to do that
> but on only one IP, and without round-robin VIPs ...

nice ascii diagram :-)

Not sure what you're doing yet. I take it that your clients
are out on the internet. Are the 1.1.2.x machines routers?
Why are you SNAT'ing on the outside of the director? Why do
you want to fiddle with the routing of outgoing packets -
are the routing tables not doing what you want?

Do you know about the -SH scheduler?