Re: [lvs-users] LVS on *BSD status?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS on *BSD status?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 01:40:32 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, chris barry wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does/has anyone run the FreeBSD port of LVS? I would be
> interested in hearing about your experiences. The web page
> I found seems to not have been updated since 2005.
> <http://dragon.linux-vs.org/~dragonfly/htm/lvs_freebsd.htm>

As far as I know it was a one-off deal and is not being
maintained. The author never appeared on the LVS mailing
list. I assume he did the project as a student and has since
gone on to other things.

I don't understand the motivation of doing a whole lot of
work like this BSD port, which you don't intend to maintain,
knowing that no-one else will maintain it either. Couldn't
anyone think of a project that would be useful and
maintainable?