Re: [lvs-users] help debugging a weird problem. I think it is LVS

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] help debugging a weird problem. I think it is LVS
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:03:31 +0000
On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 16:45 -0600, Randy Paries wrote:
> in my ldirectord.cf i have persistent=1800

OK, well...

AOL (I don't know if RR do this, but as a TW subsidiary, and therefore
probably using AOL's infrastructure these days with AOL tie-in) provide
a proxy farm for their users.

This means that a session initiated by a single client could appear to
wander between several proxies; in turn that means if you have
session-based applications or persistence in use that they could end up
(in a basic sense) having to login several times, repeatedly. Worst
case, depending on the application in use at your end, they might just
be refused connections as their session is not in place.

Joe has documented this here:

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.persistent_connection.html#proxy_farm

There's a lot of info there, so take the time to read it and see if the
provided solutions work (or, indeed, are relevant) for you.

Graeme