Re: [lvs-users] LVS with Weighted Least-Connection Scheduling

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS with Weighted Least-Connection Scheduling
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:38:06 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Sebastian Krueger wrote:

>        persistent=1

> Notice how I have given each virtual server a different weighting for the
> real servers. My aim was that if each virtual server has a single distinct
> client connected, then they would all be balanced to different real servers.
> Based on the weightings specified above.

if persistent=1 means persistence on, you may see something
different.

> However, unfortunately traffic is assigned to an arbitrary real server for
> each virtual server if there are no other connections already established.

the virtual services are independant. ipvsadm when assigning
the realserver for one virtual service doesn't care that the
same realserver also has 100000 connections from another
virtual service

> Has anyone found a way around this?

If I've interpreted your question correctly, the behaviour
is part of the design spec.