Re: [lvs-users] Standby node in HA connects to its lo:0's instead of the

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Standby node in HA connects to its lo:0's instead of the lived server's VIP (CentOS 5)
From: "Steven Truong" <midair77@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 18:07:35 -0700
On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Mar 2008, Steven Truong wrote:
>
>  > This caused problems because my OpenLdap slave server needs to be able
>  > to connect to the master server (lived server) to replicate but right
>  > now the slave server (hot _standby_) keeps connecting to itself.  The
>  > whole things got complicated because of SSL/TLS certificates.  This
>  > _standby_ server needs to connect to the VIP address that the master
>  > server uses to connect with start_tls thingy.
>
>  it's a problem.
>
>  Can you connect to the RIP using a self signed certificate?
>
>  Joe
>
>  --
>  Joseph Mack NA3T EME(B,D), FM05lw North Carolina
>  jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant map
>  generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml
>  Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!

Hi, Joseph.  I haven't tried to connect to the RIP with the
self-signed certificate because both Real servers currently shared the
same certficate/key.  I haven't explored creating different
private/public keys for this scenario yet.  However the problem is
that from the standby real server, I simply could not connect to the
VIP (by ssh)  of the lived master server.   For some unknown reasons
(to me), lo:0 interface got activated and masked the VIP on other
server.  I could only connect to it without lo:0 on the standby real
server (and without arptables).  I just would like to know if this is
something that I misconfigured somewhere in my setups or it is
something else.

Is there any other workarounds beside removing lo:0 like I did?

Please help.

Thank you very much.