[lvs-users] Connecting to VIP from Real Servers.

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] Connecting to VIP from Real Servers.
From: Stephen Amadei <stephenamadei@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 22:34:46 -0400

So I have a four box HA and LB UltraMonkey setup... two LBs and two Real
servers.

Each Real Server runs HTTP and MySQL.  Both have separate VIP IPs, and I can
use them fine from outside the LVS cluster.  I wanted to have the HTTP servers
access the MySQL VIP session... but this doesn't work.

Doing a:

mysql -u root -p mysql -h [VIP.ip.address]

from the real server prompts me for a password and hangs.  Doing a ipvsadm -Lnc
shows a connection entry in a SYN_RECV state going from my real server to the
VIP and being translated.

I have tryed this with iptables doing NAT and with it not doing NAT.

Why would this not work?

Stephen

The i’m Talkathon starts 6/24/08.  For now, give amongst yourselves.
http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_LearnMore_GiveAmongst