Re: [lvs-users] Connecting to VIP from Real Servers.

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Connecting to VIP from Real Servers.
From: Stephen Amadei <stephenamadei@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:24:21 -0400
>I assume you have some sort of web application that uses a database. Why
>not have you're both RS web apps using a MySQL connection to localhost.
>Then you modify UltraMonkey to use not a simple tcp check, but a much
>deeper app-levle check, that check as well the db connection. In case of
>an issue with the DB, the RS will be de-activated, and will only remain
>the RS that has a healthy DB connection.

Actually, that is what I am running right now... but I really wanted to be able
to run MySQL separate from HTTP... just in case I end up with a situation where
HTTP is broken on server A and MySQL is broken on server B.

Stephen

Introducing Live Search cashback .  It's search that pays you back!
http://search.live.com/cashback/?&pkw=form=MIJAAF/publ=HMTGL/crea=introsrchcashback