Re: [lvs-users] LVS + Xen + NAT

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS + Xen + NAT
From: "Laurentiu C. Badea (L.C.)" <lc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:59:27 -0700
Graeme Fowler wrote:
> Simple question: does the realserver (the VM, 192.168.122.10) have a
> route direct back to the 10.0.0.0/whatever network?

Xen creates a virtual bridge and adds a few iptables rules to control
access and do NAT for its clients, while the host domain becomes their
gateway. So you have the LVS setup sitting on top of a NAT router.

I would take a look at the iptables setup and check the packet counters
during a query, especially on reject rules. Then try to insert rules to
make it work and make sure the ruleset is maintained across reboots (Xen
dynamically inserts rules when the bridges are brought up).

--
Laurentiu