Re: [lvs-users] Timeouts after 5 seconds running IPVS-DR

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Timeouts after 5 seconds running IPVS-DR
From: "Laurentiu C. Badea (L.C.)" <lc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 10:23:50 -0700
Julien Cornuwel wrote:
> I did a TCP dump on all 3 servers and here is what I see :
>
> - On webservers, when it works, I see outgoing IP packets with the LB's
> address as origin. When it doesn't, I just see nothing. About once per
> second, the LB sends ARP requests trying to find both webservers (on their
> real addresses), I never saw an ARP reply.
>
> Webservers should reply to ARP requests on their primary addresses, but they
> don't :(

Well I think it's either that you applied "hidden" to eth0 on the
webservers, or the LB has the VIP as a primary address. See if the ARPs
were going out with VIP as source and if that's the case, try giving the
LB a different primary address and make VIP an alias.

> I missed the beginning of this thread so I'm just throwing this out
>> there. When I played with LVS on the same network as the RIPs, I had
>> send_redirects=0, otherwise the LVS would mislead the real servers that
>> they should send their packets to the router instead (where they'd get
>> dropped).
>

> Were you using DirectReturn ?

NAT. I guess with DR you do want the original behavior.

--
Laurentiu Badea