[lvs-users] Alias on lo blocks everything

Subject: [lvs-users] Alias on lo blocks everything
From: Pieter Temmerman <ptemmerman.ext@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:41:12 +0100
Hi All.

In every tutorial I have read on VLS, it stated that in order to receive
traffic on the VIP, the real servers should have the VIP assigned to the
lo:0 alias interface.

When I do this, that particular server is unreachable and is either able
to reach other servers in the network. When I remove the lo:0 alias,
everything is back to normal again.

I solved this by instead creating the VIP on tunl0 instead of lo:0. But
still, I would like the know the reason why it is failing.

Is this a problem with my distribution or am I overlooking something
crucial?

I have Centos 5.2 (2.6.18-1.17.el5).

Thanks in advance.