Re: [lvs-users] Problems implementing "Lars' Method"

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Problems implementing "Lars' Method"
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:41:58 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Eli Ben-Shoshan wrote:

> What I am trying to do here is not have another public IP
> on the VIP network bound on the realserver since public IPs are so precious.

I'm not clear which dependant clause is dependant on ... but
I think you are trying not to have a public IP on a
realserver. All standard LVSs are setup without public IPs
on the realserver.

Lar's method is the ideal way of setting up an LVS.
Unfortunately few of us have access to the router, so we
have to solve the arp problem within the LVS.

> Here is my config:

I don't care about your config. First tell me the problem.
There are only a very limited number of ways of setting up a
working LVS. I have to understand the problem in 30secs of
reading or I'm not going to answer.