Re: [lvs-users] Problems implementing "Lars' Method"

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Problems implementing "Lars' Method"
From: Eli Ben-Shoshan <ebs@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:13:58 -0500
Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Eli Ben-Shoshan wrote:
>
>> What I am trying to do here is not have another public IP
>> on the VIP network bound on the realserver since public IPs are so precious.
>
> I'm not clear which dependant clause is dependant on ... but
> I think you are trying not to have a public IP on a
> realserver. All standard LVSs are setup without public IPs
> on the realserver.

Sorry for not being clear about this.

I am trying to not have to have a public IP on the realserver.
All of my LVS-DR setups have a public IP on both the director and the
realserver. The VIP being a public IP on the director and another public IP on
the realservers.

> Lar's method is the ideal way of setting up an LVS.
> Unfortunately few of us have access to the router, so we
> have to solve the arp problem within the LVS.
>
>> Here is my config:
>
> I don't care about your config. First tell me the problem.
> There are only a very limited number of ways of setting up a
> working LVS. I have to understand the problem in 30secs of
> reading or I'm not going to answer.
>
> Joe

My problem is that I can get the realserver to reply back to the client. I know
the director is getting packets to the realserver but I can't get the
realserver
to reply back to the client.

Is there an example somewhere that is similar to mine? I think my director is
setup correct. My problem is with the realserver. Does anyone have a realserver
out there with 2 interfaces, one that is used for administrative purposes only
and the other that is used for traffic from the director?

--
Eli Ben-Shoshan                                          ebs@xxxxxxx
IT Expert