Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord on multiple cores and multiple NICs?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord on multiple cores and multiple NICs?
From: Dan Yocum <yocum@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:16:28 -0600

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Arndt Roth wrote:
>
>> My questions is, if it is possible to bind each VS in ldirector to a
>> particular core and to a particular NIC for optimal perfomance?
>
> is ldirector lvs or ldirectord? Make sure you understand the
> difference.
>
> The short answer is no. The real question is why do you
> think this would give optimal performance? It might but you
> haven't explained why

Au contraire.  numactl can bind a process to a specific CPU and shared
memory space. I don't believe it can be used to bind a process to a
specific NIC if you're using channel bonding, but feel free to read the
numactl man pages.

That said, from what I understand, ldirectord shouldn't *need* to be
optimized (but I don't use it so ymmv).

Cheers,
Dan

--