Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord persistence

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord persistence
From: Sebastian Vieira <sebvieira@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:23:56 +0100
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Jason Ledford <jledford@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I am using ldirectord with wlc and balancing Microsoft term servers.  Its
> working fine but I think we are wanting to add persistence so if the rdp
> session gets disconnected (network interruption or whatever) the client gets
> connected back to the same server.  I know the problem with this of
> persistence trumping the scheduler.  My question is what is about the
> ldirectord.cf parameter for persistence.  I believe its
> Persistence = 300

It's:  persistent = n

What is the time, seconds, minutes,.....

Seconds. See `perldoc ldirectord`

What would be a good expiration time, 5 minutes?

Depends where you're going to use it for. If you have clients who want to be
able to connect to one server, use the "Disconnect Session" option of the
(Windows Terminal Server) service and connect later to their session again,
you'll have to determine how much time 'later' is and use that as your
persistent value ;)  If you want to be sure they can always connect back,
use the maximum time somebody can be in the office. Of course this all fails
when they connect from a different IP address.

regards,

Sebastian