Re: [lvs-users] LVS Cluster with lighttpd servers doesn't react to SYN p

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS Cluster with lighttpd servers doesn't react to SYN packets
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:22:26 +0000
On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 04:09 -0800, Michael Moody wrote:
> I've got the exact same setup, running without issues.

That's a useful data point. Thanks.

> We're running both 2xdual core, and 2xquad core machines, on gentoo, with
> lighttpd 1.4.20, with lvs-dr, on kernel 2.6.27.7, and glibc 2.6.1. We do not
> have this delay.
>
> Here are relevant portions of our lighttpd config, perhaps they'll help:
<snip>

It strikes me, as someone with zero experience of lighttpd, that Jan's
problem is either one of config (so your post is doubly useful) *or*
something in a netfilter rule is getting in the way.

Jan, do you have iptables setup and configured on the director(s) or
realservers? Can you run without for a period?

If you *have*, are you using any of the conntrack modules? It strikes me
very much that this could be a symptom of an underlying network stack
problem rather than something within LVS or lighttpd.

Graeme