Re: [lvs-users] Broken fallback behaviour on 127.0.0.1

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Broken fallback behaviour on 127.0.0.1
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 13:58:04 +0000
On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 13:22 +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> The thread implies that LVS did once behave as documented but that this
> changed, possibly unintentionally as a side-effect of some other
> feature.  Is there a reason why it can't change back?  I *want* to be
> able to run fallback services on the director because it minimises
> dependencies; I want to be able to run them only on localhost because
> that is more secure and on configurable ports for flexibility.

I can't comment on the "what it might have done in the olden days" part,
but you could bind all your VIPs to the loopback adapter and have
fallback services run exactly as you'd expect (I think).

A little bit, in fact, like the realservers have to be setup in a -DR
configuration.

It's perfectly alright to have the VIP on a real ethernet interface
*and* lo. I know this is alright, because it's how we do streamlined HA
+LB here for our virtual learning environment :)

Graeme