Re: [lvs-users] what is the max throughput LVS can handle, and max numb

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] what is the max throughput LVS can handle, and max number of concurrent connection?
From: "netadmin @dslextreme.com" <netadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 16:09:53 -0700
I setup a computer has two 1GB interfaces, doing NAT mode, when sending
traffic to it from Load Runner to the server, I saw the traffic going up and
down between 1000 to 1500 transactions per second, not very stable.  If I
just use the same computer as router the traffic chart is much flat and get
about 2000 transactions per second.

I also tested the max concurrent connection using IXAX tester, it limited to
about 3 million and no matter how much memory on the sytem, it will not go
up.  The new connection per second rate is also about 6k/s.
I also noticed 2.4 kernel LVS works better than 2.6 kernel on the same
hardware, performance wise.

>From those tests, I think there are some limit in somewhere, especially the
trsanaction rate with and without LVS having that much differences.