Re: [lvs-users] Using Linux Virtual Server for load balancing of zones i

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Using Linux Virtual Server for load balancing of zones in MMO game
From: Jeremy Kerr <jk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 17:09:40 +1000
Hi Pavel,

> The main idea is to have a number of zones("locations" in terms of my
> game) running on dedicated servers. When a player decides to go to
> some specific location the load balancer decides which zone server
> will be actually serving the player(that's actually why I need a
> Level 7 load balancer)
>
> What do you folks think about all said above? Thanks in advance.

You may want to look at Simon Horman's "perdition" project, which does
similar things for IMAP: A user logs in, perdition determines which
server should be handling the IMAP session, then forwards the rest of
that session to the appropriate server.

Google gives me this:

 http://hg.vergenet.net/perdition/perdition/

Horms may be able to provide more info.