Re: [lvs-users] stuck on LVS-TUN, realservers receiving ipip packet, but

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] stuck on LVS-TUN, realservers receiving ipip packet, but not doing anything because it think's it's martian.
From: Vincent Young <nard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:42:06 -0400
On 2009-10-14, at 4:24 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> well you can telnet to it, so I guess it's OK

>>> what happened to BROADCAST? it should be 97.107.133.234
>>>
>> This is on the realhost.
>> I bring up the tunl0 on realhost using:
>> # /sbin/ifconfig tunl0 97.107.133.234 netmask 255.255.255.255
>> broadcast 97.107.133.234
>
>> it doesnt show me anything about broadcast. same thing if
>> i use lo:0 as well.
>
> Hmm mine doesn't either. How about that? (I wonder when that
> changed, or maybe it's always been that way and I've never
> noticed.)
>
> It looks like you've done all the right things. I assume
> you're going to have the same problem with LVS-DR if adding
> the VIP to lo:0 kills the network.
>
> I would assume there's something wrong with Xen at this
> stage. I don't know how many people are using virtualised
> servers - there's got to be a few and we aren't hearing
> anyone having problems. The only one so far is
>
> http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.virtualised_realservers.html#tcp_checksum_bug
>
> I'm stumped sorry.

Thanks for all your help Joe,

I finally got it working. it turns out I had to enable a linode ip
failover feature on my realserver. i added the director public ip/vip,
and things started flowing.

the ip failover setting in the control panel on my linode basically
allow multiple linodes to bring up the same IP.

I'll post a summary in this thread later on how i got it working on my
linode/XEN setup, so we can close this thread, and add perhaps add to
the docs.

Thanks,
-Vincent Young