[lvs-users] LVS piranha question 2private NIC cards to avoid single poin

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS piranha question 2private NIC cards to avoid single point of failure
From: "martin hubert" <mhubert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:50:24 -0800
I am trying to replace a old lvs setup that was running ultra monkey

We have two LVS1 & LVS2

Both with 3 NIC 1 public 2 private

I have source based routing running on the real servers so that works well -
but I can't figure out how to get piranha to accept 2 Virtual NAT IP
addresses

Public

eth2  a.b.c.d

[LVS1]

NAT*

Eth0:1 192.168.101.1

Eth1:1 192.168.102.1

In case of a fail over I would like both NAT IP addresses to float over to
LVS2

Eth0:1 192.168.101.1

Eth1:1 192.168.102.1

Any ideas?

I could probably try to migrate to direct routing but like the fact that the
real servers have NO physical connection to the Internet.

The other compromise idea would be to have 192.168.102.1 statically sit on
the LVS1 and no 102-subnet on LVS2  in case of a failover there would then
be traffic on the 192.168.102 subnet

Still not quite what I want so.

Thx in advance and happy new year