Re: [lvs-users] LVS and IPv6

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS and IPv6
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 13:28:48 +0000
Sander,

Someone at Google made patches for ldirectord / heartbeat IPV6 support..
We will be looking at integrating this into the Loadbalancer.org appliance
in the next release,
we will report back to the mailing list with any problems / solutions...
by all means keep in contact with our developers off list (
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

On 3 February 2010 13:23, Sander Klein <roedie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm currently investigating the issues I will be having with implementing
> IPv6 in my network.
>
> One of the things I have found is that while IPVS does support IPv6, my
> setup does not.
>
> Im currently using 2 loadbalancers, with DR and keepalived (VRRP,
> healthchecks and IPVS setup). I'm very, very happy with this setup, but
> keepalived does not support IPv6. I've emailed the author if he was
> interested in implementing IPv6 for money, but I did not get any response
> yet. Now I'm wondering if anyone is using IPv6 with IPVS and mainly, how.
>
> Is there anyone who is willing to share this with me?
>
> Regards,
>
> Sander Klein

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.