Re: [lvs-users] Non-existent VIP

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Non-existent VIP
From: Piotr Gbyliczek <pg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:32:07 +0100
On Tuesday 11 May 2010 12:24:59 you wrote:
> Hi Piotr
>
> On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 11:03 +0100, Piotr Gbyliczek wrote:
> > But, my problem is that I'm expecting 123.123.123.244 IP, as a VIP, to be
> > present on one of load balancers, where heartbeat takes care of moving it
> > in case of failure. It is not.
>
> How do you mean "it is not"?
>
> ifconfig won't show it - but "/sbin/ip address list" (or "ip add ls")
> should. Does it?

A !. You right.  It shows up there. I was always configuring lvs so VIP is on
additional interface (like eth0:1), so ifconfig was perfectly capable of
showing it. This one have it on eth0 (and if I'm right, this is achieved by
haresource file), so ifconfig is not showing it. I've learned something new as
every day :)
Out of interest, is there any difference between these two ways ?? Pros and
cons ??

> PS Say hallo to Russ for me!

I'll do that as soon as he shows up in office :)

--
Piotr Gbyliczek
Second Line Technician

--
ForLinux Ltd, Innovation House,
Cafferata Way, Beacon Hill Business

Tel:  0845 4210444  FAX 01636 703910
Web:  http://www.forlinux.co.uk/

Registered Company No 04227715
A BS9001 & ISO27001 Accredited Hosting Provider

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments maybe
confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).

Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use
of this communication is strictly prohibited without the express
permission of the sender. The views expressed in this email are those of
the individual and not necessarily those of ForLinux Limited.

ForLinux Limited email is for business use only.