[lvs-users] One Packet Scheduler

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] One Packet Scheduler
From: max power <el_shershaby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 12:16:53 +0000
Hi,
i am running my lvs-dr setup for dns caching only server , it works fine and it
scale well.

our main problem is that when testing with some software to measure max qps and
so , and also when we get attacked, alot of udp packets is recieved by director
from same source ip and source port, so the director forward the requests to
only real server.

decreasing the timeout for udp to 1 s did not solve the problem , as in our
case we can receive 40,000 k query per second and they all got forwarded to
same real server.

the main problem we need to disable udp tracking which is impossible becasue 1
sec is the least value.
the other solution is to use ops " one packet scheduler which seems to solve
our problem " however it is not compatible with 2.6 kernel ( we are using RHEL
5.5)

one more question,
if a lot of ppl requested this feature and julian wrote a patch for it and ppl
are satisfied with it , why it is not included in newer version ipvsadm

Best Regards