Re: [lvs-users] One Packet Scheduler

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] One Packet Scheduler
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 13:43:09 +0100
On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 12:16 +0000, max power wrote:
> if a lot of ppl requested this feature and julian wrote a patch for it and
> ppl are satisfied with it , why it is not included in newer version ipvsadm
> ????????????????/

The patch is awaiting submission into the mainline kernel as I type this
message. Inclusion in mainline is not a simple process, but there will
be an announcement once we know which kernel release it has been
included in.

Note that ipvsadm requires the feature to also be in the kernel.

Please also note that you're not likely to see this feature in an RHEL
kernel for several months after release due to the long and rigorous QA
procedure RH use for their Enterprise product line.

If you're feeling brave, however, look up the patch on the lvs-devel
list and apply it to a local kernel version. If you're lucky it will
compile directly against the RHEL kernel source package and allow you to
install it locally.

Graeme