[lvs-users] client talking back to itself.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] client talking back to itself.
From: Mike Sprague <msprague@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 17:14:26 -0400
Hi folks,

Sorry, I have been pouring of the docs for a couple of days and have not
been able to track this down.  Any pointers are appreciated.  Here is
the setup:

A directory with 2 physical interfaces.  eth0 is the management
interface and only used for ssh access.  eth1 has 3 VLANs on it.  One
VLAN is the public interface and the other 2 are to 2 different private
networks (one for windows web servers and the other for linux web
servers).  We are using LVS-NAT.  The director is the default router for
the real servers.  We are using SNAT via iptables for outgoing
connections initiated by the real servers.

I have a case where a site on a windows server pair is referring to its
own public IP.  I see the packet reach the director via tcpdump.  But I
do not see it return.  After setting up various LOG statements in
iptables in an attempt to follow the packets, it looks to me like the
packet is trying to connect locally (no web server running on the
director and iptables would block).  I do not see the packet trying to
leave on the public VLAN interface.

It looks to me like the packet is not getting processed by LVS.  Is this
correct?  Any suggestions on a fix?

Thanks,
Mike S

--
Michael Sprague          | Endurance International Group
msprague@xxxxxxxxxxx     | http://www.enduranceinternational.com