[lvs-users] LVS DR which IP seen to client?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS DR which IP seen to client?
From: Ferhat Ozkasgarli <ozkasgarli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 10:13:41 +0300
Hello All,

The question may look like a noob question but I would be one very happy
person if answered :D.

I have built LVS NAT mail server cluster with freeNas as storage and
MailEnable as mail server. Every thing works fine but because of network
bottle neck issue and some other isseues about mail server, we want to user
LVS DR.

1-) With LVS DR setup; after client had requested the service from VIP,
which IP sends the answer? VIP or RIP?

This is very important because of spam mail and spam black list issue. In
LVS NAT setup, every request done by only one ip. We have 150K user and it
is quite normal that one of our mail server ips blacklisted. When IP
blacklisted one of the easiest solution is changing mail server IP. In this
case VIP. So if in LVS DR setup, the outgoing traffic is handled by RIP we
would not have any problem.

Thx all