[lvs-users] Heartbeat and Ldiretord

Subject: [lvs-users] Heartbeat and Ldiretord
From: Henrique Fernandes <sf.rique@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:47:08 -0300
I am having problens configuring this kind of setup. Heartbeat works fine,
but i guess i am getting wrong in the logic.

What i want!

2 load-balancer with  HB and ldiretord
2 Postfix.

Think about this.

have 2 shared ips for the load-balancer.
one external and one internal.

will call lb1 and lb2 for load-balancers  and pf1 pf2 for postfix

ips are just illustratives

lb1:
shared  external ip 222.222.222.222 in eth0
shared  internal ip  192.168.0.1  in eth2 ( this will be the gateway for pf1
e pf2 )
internal ip 192.168.0.3

lb2:

shared  external ip 222.222.222.222 in eth0
shared  internal ip  192.168.0.1  in eth2 ( this will be the gateway for pf1
e pf2 )
internal ip 192.168.0.2

pf1:
internal ip 192.168.0.11
gateway 192.168.0.1

pf2:
internal ip 192.168.0.12
gateway 192.168.0.1

Ldirectord checks the pf and etc. This step works fine.

Now the problem is the heartbeat.

I am doing ucast. over interface eth2 in both but look the problem.

The heartbeat is checking ok if the lb1 shutdowns.

But problens begins when:

lb1 loses eth0, heartbeat simple does nothing.
lb1 loses eth2, heartbeat in lb2 think lb1 had going down, and takeover, but
now we have conflict ips.

How to solve this ?

Now researching more, i find out that heartbeat can do check in 2
interfaces. But problem still hapens, just will be harder to happen.

I guess if i introduce more one node, it may do the tricky. Cause now we
have 3 nodes, and they can never have a tie. and becamo with same ip. But
this new heartbeat will only have heartbet without ldiretord.

I am current not using stonith, should i use ?
If anyone have any tips please i would be glad to hear them!!

Thanks!

[]'sf.rique