Re: [lvs-users] https slow using LVS-NAT

To: Dirk Bonenkamp - Bean IT <dirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] https slow using LVS-NAT
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 23:28:40 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Dirk Bonenkamp - Bean IT wrote:

>>         Direct on RS       Director        Online
>> http    0,025 s            0,06 s          0,2 s
>> https   0,7 s              4,7 s           2,8 s
>>
>> Looks to me like https through the LVS director is too slow, and I
>> probably misconfigured something... Hope this gives the gurus some more
>> insight.

        Did you checked if it is DNS problem? If web server
is configured to use DNS but the DNS server refuses to serve
clients from internal IP addresses. In any case, tcpdump
session on real server can show at which step the delay
happens. strace output can clearly show the problem.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>