[lvs-users] Failover and resets

Subject: [lvs-users] Failover and resets
From: Anoop Bhat <ABhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:50:17 -0500
Hi,

Just a couple questions if someone has experience. We have two real servers in
an LVS-DR setup with arptables_jf load balancing ssh connections. These
connections are sometimes kept open for very long periods of time and we're
wondering how failover works with a setup like this.

 1.  Does the secondary lvs server which just started ipvs and sent gratuitous
arp to take over the VIP send resets to those connections which it doesn't know
about or does it simply not respond because it doesn't know the state of the
connection?
 2.  Anyone have any experience with ssh load balancing and learned any good
lessons that we can take advantage of?

Thanks much for your time.

Anoop

Anoop Bhat