Re: [lvs-users] Ldirectord not respecting received text for https

To: Brent Jensen <brent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Ldirectord not respecting received text for https
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 11:33:53 +0900
On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 06:06:52PM -0700, Brent Jensen wrote:

>  I've just noticed (not sure how long this has been going on) that my
>  Ldirectord script doesn't respect the return code from the webservers
>  using https--it works not matter what the return string is. It works
>  fine for http. I've seen some old threads on this but not sure of late.
>  My version I'm running comes from clusterlabs repository
>  (ldirectord-1.0.3-2.6.el5). I haven't tried any newer versions. Is this
>  a known bug w/ this version?

Hi Brent,

Unfortunately I seem to be unable to reproduce this problem using both the
current tip version[1] and the version that was included in agents-1.0.3.
The latter should correspond to the version that you are using.

My test involved a 404, and ldirectord identified the server as being down.

My suspicion is that there is a problem in either one of the underlying
libraries or your configuration.

Would it be possible for you to run the version that you have
installed with the -d flag to see if the resulting debugging information
sheds any light on the problem? Or perhaps try the latest snapshot
to check that it isn't a bug specific to the version you have?

[1] http://horms.net/projects/ldirectord/download/ldirectord-latest