Re: [lvs-users] increase time wait for 504 gateway timeout

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] increase time wait for 504 gateway timeout
From: MoroSwitie <moroswitie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:31:35 +0100
On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 10:49 +0100, MoroSwitie wrote:
> > LVS is returning: "504 Gateway Timeout" after approximitly 17 seconds.
>
> Something else is returning that.

That was indeed the case.
We have switched a couple of apache servers in favor of cherokee webserver.
The default cherokee time-out of 15 seconds got into play.

> LVS is not application aware (at this level, anyway), so some other
> application is returning the 504. It sounds like you have a proxy server
> somewhere in your data path.

The cherokee webserver is forwarding the request to the php interprenter.
So the cherokee webserver is the "proxy" server

> You will probably need to identify that and tweak the configuration of
> that application.

Your hints allowed me to solve this little problem very quickly.
Thank you.