Re: [lvs-users] [OT] High Performance Linux Firewall / VPN Device?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] [OT] High Performance Linux Firewall / VPN Device?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 18:34:19 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 9 Aug 2011, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> Why hasn't someone done a side-by-side shoot off of all
> the Linux VPNs?

probably no-one has the stamina to setup more than one of
the Linux VPNs.

How long does it take to setup a Juniper VPN firewall from
scratch, if you're a regular competent sysadmin, but have
never seen a Juniper box before? How long to add a new user?

At my last job we had the RSA keyfob things to access HQ.
The meeting on the monday morning after RSA was hacked
(about Apr 2011), I remarked that our keyfobs weren't worth
a rusty bumper bar anymore. Our security expert hastened to
assure our customer that all the data was safe because the
RSA algorithm was secret (hence it didn't matter if keys
were stolen). We were told to keep using the key fobs as
before. Our company was later hacked.

I never found out what was listening to the keyfob numbers
at the other end. Does Juniper do this too?