Re: [lvs-users] [OT] High Performance Linux Firewall / VPN Device?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] [OT] High Performance Linux Firewall / VPN Device?
From: Emilio Campos <emilio.campos.martin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 08:12:41 +0200
Maybe an architecture of firewalls (you decide endian, shorewall, etc) and
in front of them a load balancer, with balancing by destination ip with lvs
DR would be a interesting solution for so much number of vpns.

2011/8/17 Robinson, Eric <eric.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>

> > openVPN Access Server is super easy to install and fairly
> > easy to configure.
> >
> > I deployed it at work and it's been working quite well for
> > us. However, we currently don't have more than about 10
> > people using it at the same time.
> >

> We would have a couple thousand people using it, with hundreds of
> tunnels. :-/
>

> > Since it's SSL, it's CPU bound.  Just throw RAM and more CPU
>
> That shoots it down for us. We need IPSEC. :-(
>
> --Eric
>

> Disclaimer - August 17, 2011
> solely for LinuxVirtualServer.org users mailing list.. If you are not the
> named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this
> email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
> author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or
> Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or
> Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no
> viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility
> for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.
> This disclaimer was added by Policy Patrol: http://www.policypatrol.com/

Load balancer distribution - Open Source Project
http://zenloadbalancer.sourceforge.net
Distribution list (subscribe): zenloadbalancer-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx